Thursday, February 3, 2011

For Keeps

Another one bites the dust. (Week, that is).


Tomorrow is Friday, and SURPRISE! I am actually off work. (I had a surprise like that last weekend, when I discovered I was not scheduled for last Saturday as well). It's little surprises like that and small gestures that can totally make my day...or in this case, weekend.


I know I have not posted in a few weeks. Truth be told, I've been contemplating on whether or not I wish to keep this blog. I guess for now it will remain, although I'm almost positive I am writing to a digital oblivion where my words will go unread. For now, I will settle for just posting whenever I feel the need.


I thought I'd share my resolutions from good ole' January 1st. I like lists. Despite the fact that they are bullets rather than complete sentences, I feel they are comforting. Lists take the pressure off of having to formalize your thoughts. I am an avid journal keeper, although, probably not as avid as I used to be, since I am a full-time college student and part-time employee. Lists always wind up making guest appearances in my journal occasionally. I digress....


1) Send at least one secret to Post Secret
2) Write more handwritten letters
3) Join ASID (American Society of Interior Designers)
4) Watch more movies, read more novels, and explore more music.
5) Try and keep in touch with the friends I care about, even if that means sending a dopey Facebook message.
6) Learn as much as I can (especially, when it comes to cooking! I am still adjusting to having our own apartment, and oftentimes, we just have frozen meals...they are so easy, it's sinful!)
7) Drink more water (I bet this was on everyone's list!)
8) Watch all 6 seasons of SATC. (I got the boxset two years ago for Christmas, and I STILL haven't had time to watch all of them in order!)


I know some of them may seem silly, but when it comes to resolutions, I think sillier is better. You have a better chance of achieving them. Who likes to set themselves up for failure? Anyway, I believe tonight I will relax and watch "Tower of Terror", a Disney movie from 1997. Talk about blast from the past! Now, if only Netflix could get "Are You Afraid of the Dark?", "Susie Q", and all of the other Disney movies we miss!


Until next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment